Written by Geinor Styles, Music by Amy Wadge.
Are you a teacher, or do you work with children?
If you answered ‘yes’ to either of these questions, then you need to watch this video!
It’s Theatr Na Nog’s Eye of the storm.
An empowering musical set to inspire and educate anyone who watches it.
Here’s why I think it’s it important for children to watch it.
- They’ll see what it’s really like to be a Young Carer, so that the next time they talk to a child who is a Young Carer (and they will) they will have a newfound understanding, compassion and tolerance that will make it easier for them to befriend the Young Carer.
- They will have a greater understanding of what it’s like to live with a mental health condition…. therefore breaking the stigma that society attaches to mental health issues.
- You might find that a child will identify themselves as a Young Carer. (So many children grow up being a Young Carer from a young age and it’s the norm to them, so they don’t realize that they are young carers until they see something like this. My daughter thought that everyone had a poorly Daddy until she started school, we didn’t tell her that, she just came up with that assumption herself, because it was her ‘norm.’)
- This will inspire many children to reach for their dreams – that anything is possible!
- They will have a greater understanding of climate change and start thinking outside of the box….what can they do to make a difference?
- It’ll encourage an interest in science and they’ll learn about a genuine invention that can turn the power of a storm into energy we can all use. (https://twitter.com/VortexEngine)
- Any Young Carers in your school will feel empowered knowing that their classmates now know what their lives are really like.
This incredible musical is now available for you to watch on Vimeo.